Saturday, September 11, 2010

words of wisdom... quotes from kids...

"We don't put chocolate sauce on homemade icecream. It's just not right."

Imagine bickering about sweeping, who gets to hold the dustpan, who needs help, who doesn't: Mom steps in,"Alina, if Anna wants to try it by herself, you be supervisor." "oh cool, I have super vision." (as she bursts into a happy little "super vision" song)

Joey: "No mom. sit. stay." (as I try to walk with him to the bus stop ... he's in high school) Then, as he's 2 driveways away... "I love you, mom."

"Going to school on Monday mornings is still better than eating green beans." Alina.... then Jamie retorts, "I don't get it, why wouldn't someone like green beans????"

Alina: "What are grits made of?" I reply, "corn." Look of disgust from Alina, "Corn???!" So I pick up the box (thrilled the first ingredient of our instant grits is actually corn) and read, "specially processed degerminated white corn grits." Anna giggles, "yup, corn." "Yes," says Alina, "but at least they are German"

Anna is helping by getting a new garbage bag for the kitchen trash can... she's trying to get them out of the un-opened new box. I suggest she get one out of the open box on the floor that says "large kitchen bags" (trying to get her to actually read the words) she replies, "oh, so these in this closed box are small kitchen bags?"

No comments:

Post a Comment