It was 10+ hours in the saddle. It was 174 miles.
It was AWESOME.
These were some of the things I really appreciated:
The Weather, RIDE BUDDIES, the course (through THE park), signs, countryside, Tough Cookie Support Crew, cold shower @ a high school, my cycling gear, texting Dad at rest stops, tailwind on Day 2, head wind on Day 2, my hubby tracking me with AT&T family map thing, family at the finish line, Tough Cookie group finish … and a cold Coca-Cola on day 1.
A team , or perhaps even the MS 150 coordinators, had posted signs along the course. Signs of encouragement, signs of thanks, signs of motivation, signs to remind us why we were riding. The impressionable message on the course was something along the lines of: Riders are enduring the ride for 2 days to bring awareness and hopefully a cure for MS… MS patients live with it for their lives, not just 2 days. I had a brief moment of selfishness in thinking about the sacrifice I had made training and leaving my family. But that wasn’t really much of a sacrifice in the big scheme of things. Plus I enjoyed the training and the riding & when mama is happy, everyone is happy.
I rode with three tokens of reminder/honor: 1. a bracelet for the father-in-law of a high school friend, Mr. Hendricks (my apologies if I spelled it wrong, the sweat & sunscreen washed it off), 2. an orange MS bandana tied to my saddle (seat) for Michael, who was our “MS guy” for the Tough Cookies. 3. the bandana tied to my front tube, that stared me in the face anytime I checked the time or dropped my head… for Tripp.
It was an Awesome weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment