Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Food! (again!) and other things that make us happy!

Yes, food is one of the highlights of today. Note, it is not THE highlight of today... just one of them.

I realized today that we are over our 6 month mark. I thought it was Jan 26 but it was Dec 26. Maybe I realized it then - I would have to go back in my blogs 'cause I just plain ole can't remember ...

So what made us so happy about food?? Well, we appreciate it when folks who have different food benefits pass on their bounty to others... either as a freebie or at an honest price... either way it is greatly appreciated! We were doing the dance of joy this evening as we purchased a case of Kraft Mac & Cheese, Huge sized Bisquick and Ranch dressing. The salad dressing is one of those things I haven't seen here but it probably is - for price. The other two items are also available in the "local grocery store" for triple the price and the expiration may be questionable as is the storage conditions. ANYWAY... Can you guess what is for supper... oven baked-bisquick chicken, mac & cheese and veggies with ranch. Lovely. Jamie read with absolute glee the recipes on the Bisquick box. His first choice was cheeseburger pie but, alas, no "minced beef".

Other things that made me happy today -
- laughing with friends -planning PTA events (and reiterating in my head - I will not be PTA president next year!)
- snuggling with Alina after school to get the scoop of the day
- knowing that Joey is probably having a blast in Cochin with his class field trip ("week without walls") (even though I worry about him and his allergy to cashews... oh well, we are prepared... he is in God's hands)
- laughing with friends - driving through town, arranging flowers, stopping at a tailor, saying aluminum... with how many syllables?? It's great having friends from all over the world!
- a cool breeze
- Anna scooter-ing on the terrace

and the sunshine...

No comments:

Post a Comment