Friday, February 11, 2011

And the dog gets a nose job...

Today is a FRIDAY!!! Wahoo! Our life is crazy but it's average for us. The kids had off last week 3 days for Teacher workdays, 2 for the weekend, one for the snow (yes, snow in Austin) skip a day, one for rolling blackouts (our neighborhood had nothing deemed "critical" so we were dinged every time it spiked... of course, all us crazy stay at home moms who had no idea what was going on, turned on the dryer, dishwasher & heater every time it popped on - only to cause yet another spike... I digress) Oh, and Hubby was out of town... SO for them to be "back in school" for a mere two days was actually monumental. And then we hit Friday. *sigh* (that's a cleansing sigh not an exasperated sigh)

Joey had a soccer game after school , which meant we got to sleep in (till 6:15!)as there was no AM practice. Nice. Anna had one of her dreams come true ... she switched sides of the gym. From Recreational side to TEAM side... She has been living the mantra, "I want to go to the Olympics and be the school Principal". Today was step two of a million but she has the tenacity for it!! Now she practices 3 evenings a week, 4-7. UGH. But a dream is a dream. And she just might do it!! Joey had a Physical Therapy session for a chronic knee issue. He learned some new torture techniques to help his recovery. He asked if his Dad could take him next time. I was too silly and we laughed too much.
But this morning I drove the girls to school - yes, it was 20something degrees but the real reason was that I needed to drop off the dog to have a broken tooth checked and a "growth" removed from her nose. Poor dog has gotten lumpy and blind. But she's still happy. No, this isn't our Indian Street Dog (aka the mongrel, how rude) This is our Belgian-mutt. We had tolerated her lumpiness to the point it was painful when she bumped into you with it. So yes, the dog had a nose job. I won't post a picture of her now, with stitches and all, it would make my dad sick. But I'll post the pic I took of her as we arrived at the vet's office - "before". Of course, maybe I should have posted a pic of Anna in her fancy new leotard, ready for gymnastics. Or Joey smiling over his sub sandwich at our lunch date. No, I'll post a pic of my dog "before" her nose job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment