Running is just something I do. It’s something I’ve done for a really, really long time – my mom and dad got me involved with a youth running program when I was in elementary school…I kept running. In high school, we had a really good girls’ cross country team – I was the 5th runner. I ran some in college – I wasn’t really quite good enough for college – I had to work really hard for what I did. But I loved it.
I still love running
I love...
...running with friends
... getting up early in the am to run
... seeing odd things when I run
... running in new places
... running in shorts that have zippers on the pockets
... running by myself
... running with my dog
... running on trails
... running with my stash of wet wipes, jelly beans and water
... double latte Power Gels
... the sore muscles that seem to say “good run”
... soaking after a 12+ miler in Barton Springs
... running up hills (sort of)
... running flats
... riding my bike on “off days”
... a cold coca-cola after a long run
... the t-shirts you get for a road race
... the race goodie bags – especially 3M half marathon!
... running in new socks
... that my husband nudges me when my alarm goes off to go run
I love that he “gets it” that running is good for me (and the family!)
I still love running.
Now to figure out the details of running when we get to India!!
I love a new challenge!
A Weekend To Remember
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment