I drive often across the Mansfield Dam Bridge - preschool, church... I notice things along the way - odd quirky things... like when it is Noodle Season!! It just makes me smile!
Noodle Season runs from early March til Early October, here in Austin. Noodle Season is the season in which the roadway is brightened by colorful floatie swimming noodles. You would think it would be a sad time - all of those lost noodles forlorned on the side of the road. But no, they are too colorful to be sad. The most I have seen in one drive is 4. I sure hope it wasn't from the same boat/trailer/pickup truck!!
No, I have never stopped to give a home to homeless noodles. Although once I was tempted when I was riding my bike - the end of 30 mile ride and preparing mentally to go up the VERY long hill, I just couldn't make myself stop for it. Could you have imagined me cycling up the VERY long hill with a noodle stuck down the back of my jersey and the end dancing in front of my face - yes, it still makes me laugh to think about it. No, I simply waved at it and kept on peddling.
The first noodle of this year's Noodle Season was orange. I wonder if that has any significance?? Well, Happy Noodle Season!
A Weekend To Remember
11 years ago
I would have picked up the noodle and run! I saw an old bra in the middle of the road on a run last week, but decided to leave that one alone -lol
ReplyDelete