Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dear Abbey,

Dear Abbey (to my dog, yes, MY dog)

I hope you are having fun with mom & dad. Actually, I know you are. I know you love playing and getting those tennis balls all slobbery. And that dad loves to play with you, too! Did you drop one in the water bucket lately?? I'm sorry you can't see the bird shadow to chase. It must be nice to have so much shade from those wonderful Georgia trees. Rather than chasing bird shadows - I can imagine you chasing critters up the downspouts. Be nice to Ivan, he means well when he plays with you. And tell Rita not to worry about him either - he's just a little dog with a lot of fur! I can imagine how well you pick up Ivan's dog food crumbs after he dribbles them on the floor! I'm so proud of you!
I think of you often...
when I put on my running shoes
when it is bed time and I know you will put yourself in bed
when the kids make a funny noise and still try to blame it on you
when I look out the dining room french door window and it is clean of nose smudges
when I see a poor little street dog with a sweet face (which is often)

but mostly, when I drop food on the floor and it just sits there!!

Consider yourself hugged - now go give mom & dad a good lick in the ear or mouth if they are drooling in their sleep!! - but wait until they are fast asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment