Monday, May 3, 2010

Excuse me while I vent...

In the past 7 days...

Generator has run EVERYDAY since we have been back from our mini vacation.
Well, not Saturday (all day long) as it rained and all things cease to work (and people) when it rains. so no power AND no generator

Driver #2 (the slow one) stripped the battery cables on the car battery as we need that battery to start said generator. (he didn't know you only have to loosen the connection, he does now)

Ants, Ants and more ants - leave a plate of muffins out for 20 minutes and call National Geographic Mag for a photo op.

Phone and internet were disconnected for 72 hours due to non-payment. (but the bill I had did not mention that)

Hubby got really sick.

Visited the BSNL phone office (after miscommunication with Driver #2 - the slow one)was told that the bill I had was for the current month. (no balance due) but the one we missed was last month. (which we never received) and there was a balance on that.(huh?)

Septic tank was overflowing.

Electric bill came and we are being charged over $1000. (and we were gone for a chunk of that & the generator has been running, a lot... but I mentioned that already)

I bought a $10 box of Rice Krispies to bring it home to find ants and hay (yes, grass and such) in the box. Thankfully the bag o krispies was fine. A splurge - the Rice Krispies, not the hay.

AND the pool turned a lovely shade of green.

Good news:
Our generator was not working on THE only cool day we had.

Septic guys brought only one truck to do the job vs. two (last time they charged us double for the 2nd trip becuase the first time their truck was full & they couldn't pump all of ours. yuck.- no that didn't make sense)

Ant nest found (I sprayed them right out of their nest & into the dining room! But they are DEAD!!)

I have good friends.

I still come home to washed and folded clothes. (when the power is on)

My kids are fine.

Hubby is healthy.

Thanks for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment