I drive around (rather, ride in the front seat while someone else drives - it's almost getting on my nerves) and enjoy watching the world of INDIA go by. It helps to have the radio on a Tamil station, it's the appropriate theme music, if you will. I often do double takes... the dog on the back of a bicycle.... a lady with 9 bricks on her head... a family of 5 on a motorcycle... a cart full of mangoes... but then I see a sign... "What did that say?" turns into "how DO you spell___? Surely someone knows spell check... or maybe we should ask who the spell checker was? Really, these aren't handpainted signs, someone paid someone to make them and make them big. Perhaps that's how they really wanted it spelled, simply for shock value??? I've been snapping pictures of signs most of our stay here thinking I'll compile them all into one slide show. But I realize I am a professional procrastinator. If I don't share them as we go (and time is getting short), you may never see them...

No comments:
Post a Comment