Tuesday, June 1, 2010

wait wait... I'm not ready!!!

Wait wait... I'm not ready... well, I am but not really.

I have so many blogs in my head... so many pics to share ... so much junk to sort & toss... and yet the packers arrived today.

Boxes abound in the house... dining room, play area & boys room are DONE. 4 men with one supervisor... lots of paper and nice clean boxes (yes, I am impressed!)... they even rolled the carpets with those little desiccant packets you find in shoe boxes...

Things are still swimming in my head... I wish I could have found another one of those wooden carved screens (the place I found my first one is now the "Mango Market" REALLY!!)... I wonder if my chairs (being recovered)really will be finished by 4:00 tomorrow... I need to remember to pick up the framing stuff, too... Oh, and Alina's birthday is next week.... too bad I waited to have the sari "tailored" so late - it goes in the suitcase... but I'm thrilled about the tops the same tailor is making!! Did I save out all of the little things I had for the teacher gifts? Why does it take 2 hours to eat at the resturant in the hotel?? We need cash to pay the "staff" their "severance" pay/gifts... even if they are practically asking for it. Anna has kinder graduation (I don't get that, really, graduation??) The boys each have their final little projects... poetry in Science (yes, poetry via a video, in SCIENCE! talk about using all of the media available!) ... Newspaper articles on the US revolution (that's cool) and class swim parties. FUN!!!

But the least of my worries is our junk... it's all going the same place... back to Austin. Wether by airplane in our suitcase, air freight to arrive "the next day" or the ssslllllooooowwww boat... it's all going to Austin. The land of Walmart & Target. If it is on the slow boat and I need to, it can be replaced. And when it gets there, yet another chance to re-evaluate and sort & toss all over...

It's time... to pack... to bring this journey to a close... but wait there's more...

No comments:

Post a Comment