One of the advantages of living overseas that really pulled us to the assignment was the chance to expose the kids to so much outside of the USA. Yesterday was “Sports Day” (what I would actually call “Field Day”). Each grade had its own color shirt. Here they think out of the box when it comes to t-shirt colors… like every thing else colorful… no not the standard red, white and blue… but fuchsia, plum, bright blue and shocking yellow .. it is absolutely FANTASTIC! (ok, the volunteers and teachers had white!!) A rainbow of students from all over the world in a rainbow of colors. Even the boys have class shirts in Middle School that are fantastic… Joey’s 8th grade is goldenrod and Jamie’s 7th is turquoise blue. (pics of them later, they aren’t exactly thrilled as I am!)
I wonder if the kids pick up on the fact that their class is a rainbow of faces and they are all an integral part of the world?? I feel so small in the world today but loving our little corner of it!! (It’s a good India day!)
The best part - the smiles and giggles!!
No comments:
Post a Comment