This slide show is from Turtles #3. As I was dropping the girls off at their sleep-over that Friday night, I learned another group was visiting the TREE Foundation on Saturday night (same bat time, same bat channel). So I was able to assess the feasibility of taking the kids, night 2 (turtle visit #3)(Have I lost you, yet?) Well, I took Joey and Jamie with me. I was truly hoping and planning to WALK the beach in search (by dumb-luck) of the nesting momma turtle. Very long story getting longer... We met at the foundation, watched the educational documentary, proceeded to the "hatchery" (bamboo fenced area to which the nests are re-located to protect from dogs and stupid/naive people) then finally proceeded to the WALK site. (repeat of Friday night) WE got there at 11:45 PM. By midnight it was evident that this was not a punctual Indian group (ha). Friends headed home... Joey and Jamie were delivered home (luxury of having a driver)... I waited to walk... started walking at 12:45 AM and finished the walk at 1:55 AM. (this is one of those times you are very self-conscious about having a driver waiting for you). No adult turtle and one tired momma (me, not the turtle kind). It was an amazing experience, none- the-less. I learned what to look for and subsequently, later, took hubby on our own little turtle walks at night... still no sighting of a nesting turtle much less turtle tracks... but it was a great experience. At night I now peer into the darkness of the Bay of Bengal and I am truly amazed a this wonderful world God made... with so much hope.
![]() |
| Another digital slideshow by Smilebox |

No comments:
Post a Comment