Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hi, how are you? I haven't seen you in a while...

Yes, I'm directing that title to you, even though it is what I have heard a lot of in the past week. I peeked at my last blog entry and was amazed it was posted so long ago, my apologies!!! Life with these four wonderful kids has not been quiet this last week before school, which happened to coincide with the UNPACK. And just for good measure I thought I'd add a few extra things to the mix... because, life could get a little mundane, if you let it!

- the girls are enrolled in their second gym for gymnastics of the summer. Alina was deemed "too old" for the first team. I guess if you compare her age to the age of the Chinese Olympic gymnasts, she would be having a mid-life crisis (which may explain a few things!) Anna is thrilled to be back in gymnastics. She has perfected the "go up stairs while doing front rolls". Yes, that would be an oxymoron of sorts. I was wondering why there was a thump-thumpthump as she went UP stairs. Oh good grief.

- the eldest son has been officially oriented for high school. He's almost (yes, almost) looking me eye to eye. His shoe size is larger than hubby's. He's chosen clear bands for his braces (those colored ones are rather bizarre! OK, that's just one mom's opinion.) His knee is recovering from being "damaged" in soccer. This morning he was last seen at 6:30 AM wearing a blue wig and fairy wings as the Church Youth Group "kidnapped" him for fellowship and breakfast. (sorry, no picture!) We are ready for that school bus on Monday. OK, maybe the "we" part is a bit exaggerated.

- younger son has had the most challenging week... babysitting while the eldest son goes to this appointment and that. He also did some dog sitting (same, same but different). Oh, wait, then the week got interesting. It was Friday that tipped the scales... wisdom teeth extraction. Poor thing. He's so cute and puffy!! and miserable. (nope, again, no pics) Actually, today, he seems rather "normal". Hopefully, he'll be recovered by Monday to face the new school year with gusto. (hmmm, maybe gusto is not the word).

-jump back to the girls (there are two of them, by the way). They are absolutely thrilled about returning to school. It helps that at Anna will be sitting next a dear friend from preschool. And Alina's teacher was fashionably dressed, complete with high heels (That was Alina's observation and synopsis of back to school open house!)

- so, where does that leave me and hubby... juggling. and UNPACKING. OK, I got a wee bit overwhelmed. Let's just go ahead and say a wee bit defeated. But we did it (well, all except our bedroom! ha!), the house is presentable with just the odd box and dining table full of glassware. The flatware drawer is nicely organized and the girls' rooms appropriately purged (again) and rather organized. We all feel better!!

Just a heads up... Jamie is requesting that I clean up some of my photos off his laptop. Yes, I have been without said device since India (that seems so long ago) so my photos are scattered... flashbacks to Chennai are immanent!!

So, good to see you...

No comments:

Post a Comment