We've been "home" for a month now, still not quite settled. That "slow boat" is supposedly in Houston and our worldly
possessions to be delivered in the next week or so. I'm asked, are you glad to be back? Yes, I am. I'm asked if I miss India. Yes, I do. What do I miss?? I can't put my finger on it. It was just plain ole different. I miss my friends (extended family) and as they head back after summer visits, I feel a bit like I'm not doing something I should be doing (packing and leaving). And India, well, it's just simply different - wait, not in a simple way but
definitely different. For example.... out my window... my trainer (bike on a stand) was positioned in front of a bedroom window overlooking the beach and Bay of Bengal. I could see the pool & trampoline in the yard, puppies playing, sunrise, folks literally "doing their business" on the beach (I don't miss that!!), fishing boats, a very different life!
Here in suburbia, Austin, TX, good ole USA, I look out my window and see the lawn/garden and glimpses of the back of the house next door. Now, I get it, everyone goes through this when they move... even if it is in the neighborhood. Your view out the window is very different. Yep, it's just plain ole different. So, what's out your window... stop right now and go appreciate it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment