Monday, July 27, 2009

Quick Day 2

We are doing ok - went to the house today. The ride took us about 40 minutes. I love the ride. Absolutely tons of interesting things to see. Nothing special, mind you, but interesting. Just people doing their everyday living. amazing!! Joey actually videoed most of the ride. I'm afraid the conversation from the car ride also made the video so I won't be posting it. He was great- really attentive on the ride! I think all of the kids were really soaking in the scenes ...

The house passed the kids' approval but it is pretty grimy - windows haven't been closed all the way so there is a layer of grime all over the floors - and it looks like the Merry Maids missed wiping down the cabinets! (I can't say much because they did a HORRIBLE job on our house in Austin!) Our air shipment is supposedly here so hubby needs to go claim it when they call (hmm, no date set for that!). The "rental furniture" has not been ordered so we'll probably need to stay in the hotel for the whole week. I also need to find a mailbox for the house - they usually just throw it over the wall/gate. hmmmm. where's Walmart & Home Depot when I need it?? tomorrow we'll be shopping for a tv and the rental furniture. hopefully buying a mop type instrument... it really sounds like a bummer when I read this paragraph - but really things are ok!!!!!!!!

I think my hubby is trying to convince the boys that there is food here that they can eat. The hotel burgers are stuffed with onion & green pepper - you can only imagine how thrilled they were to bite into that!! So today for lunch, the relocation guy took us to a "food court" that had pizza hut (pretty normal) and McDonalds - McD's brought Alina to tears when the only thing on the menu is chicken burger, veggie burger & salad burger - she really had her heart set on a cheeseburger!!!!!!! Tonight we went to the "American Diner" (Sparky's- named after the owner's dog!!) The burgers were actually good, my BBQ chicken sandwich was pretty good. As the owner said - it is good today, in 6 months it'll be the BEST! He was a hoot!

That's all from this side of the pond... sorry there are no photos, soon, soon!

1 comment:

  1. You just have to love that pizza hut and Mc D's are global. Would you explain what is in a salad burger? Do they have ketchup? Mayo? I know the Aussie's like butter vs. mayo. Love hearing the updates. Karen, you've got a lot to cover in one day. Not many women could handled it so gracefully. I love that your family has to rely on each other so deeply...good and challenging (esp on jet lag). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete