Thursday, August 6, 2009

August 5th (still trying to catch up!)

OK – My connection will not let me download photos , I’m bummed. We are using a mobile phone type connection but it is more like dial-up. My real camera is “too good” but the camera on my phone took smaller photos that will load (i.e. Jamie’s Birthday)I’m still behind a day on the posts… but you can’t tell, can you!! HA!
Here's from August 5th:
There are so many items each day that I want to record, it is truly amazing. I’m beginning to feel like there will be only bullet points for entries … and I really didn’t plan to blog everyday but it is
The kids and I walked on the beach – midmorning is better than early morning – not as many people on the beach – and their not swimming. Of all the kids – guess who got caught by a wave – Anna!! It was hard to convince the girls that the beach was just too dirty to play in the sand. I think they may have gotten it after we visited. (beach photos 2)

Kutima is to start helping with the house keeping – I just can’t communicate with her very well! Thankfully, Pryia and I can work things out – now it will be like playing a game of “telephone” – I wonder what the final person will hear - guaranteed that whatever is done will be different from what is expected!
We are officially registered foreigners with permission to stay for one year. We even have a little piece of paper to prove it and it’s signed! The process wasn’t as horrible as I had expected!!
Kumar stopped at the “wine shop” to get “Sir” some beer – he practically wouldn’t let him go – “very dirty, sir”… (wine shop photos 2)

The pharmacy saga continues – theoretically, she wrote it to order and the order was placed today and will be delivered tonight so theoretically, it will be there tomorrow. Ugh, I really didn’t want to go out tomorrow!! But alas, we need groceries, I’m sure!
Pryia fxied dinner again for tonight – I’ll take a photo – it doesn’t seem like much food but it is enough when I add bread and mac-n-cheese!!
Oh and we even saw a bunch of dolphins swimming just beyond the surf!! (yes, I’m pretty certain they were dolphins!!)
The days start off with reality-in-your-face-you-live-in-India… by the end of the day the adventure has just plain ole taken over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment