Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dentist and grocery stores - what a life!

school is getting better - -but I've got a problem - my teeth are just messed up. I go in for a root canal or two tomorrow. In the meantime I'm in a good bit of pain. good thing: we've got a real good dentist. (Thank goodness I met some great folks at the school who gave me her name & number!!) She was great in explaining everything and taking my history and asking lots and lots of questions. too bad they couldn't fit me in today. oh well, gives Hubby a chance to get things lined up at work so he can do the kid thing tomorrow.

The dentist was a hoot - she said dentists are bad - they check out each others work and make comments about it. She was quite disturbed that they did the dental repairs so soon after my braces were "finished" because the teeth weren't really settled. I blame a lot of that on the pressure of wanting to get things done before the move. Anyway - we will take care of the pain problem then address the shifting teeth, again, but much later. (and FYI - the dentist office was quite clean!)

We took the kids with us to the dentist just because we weren't sure what else to do. That and hubby was able to hear the tooth stuff, too. Didn't get home till 7-ish and I crashed into bed. He and the kids took care of themselves (and me!)! Homework was done and dishes were even washed! yeah!!

Today I will send Pyria to the store. We'll see how that goes. They just sell stuff in such small packages... too small for a family of 6 - going everyday to the store, I think! For dinner last night, I had asked Pryia to cook some tomatoes for meat sauce (& pasta) and to add a little green pepper and onion. Well, we got home and the kids opted for mini pizzas (the bakery makes "crusts" or flat bread!). I spent 30-45 minutes picking out green pepper and onion this am (before Pryia got here!!) There was a stack of onions and bell pepper as big as the meat stack!!! I think I was able to salvage it!! We'll check for tomato sauce at the store. If not I will teach Pyria how to make some - I think she used only one tomato!! We're all learning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment